Friday, December 10, 2004

No Gahmen Days!!

Hi Fat Fingers,

Your unconditional certificate is on its way to you. So you do not need any extra proof of language proficiency.

Best wishes.


Great! Now i can start to sort out the rest of the stuff!

--------------------

The last 2 days at work has been good! Very good!

I had a THREE hour lunch break on thursday... my longest lunch break ever! We went to Suntec City to collect the free pics we took during the D&D. And i went to Carrefour and got some Classic Dvds! It's only $6.80! I got Ali Baba and the 40 thieves, Arabian Nights and Sabrina (NOT the teenage witch! It's the one starring Audrey Hepburn!). Can't wait to watch them tomorrow!

I didn't do much work today. Not very productive.. went to the staff sale at 10.30am.. spent about 45min there.. and went back to the office and left for lunch shortly after.. This time we had a 2hr lunch break hehe. And i spent the rest of the time surfing the net for a hamper for my ex colleague who just gave birth.

Dick is on holiday now and will be back at the San Francisco office on Wednesday.. But he still sent us a few emails today! He has no life! And he called while he was in transit in Narita to the States. He asked the seniors if there were any problesm! Oh Please! It's only less than a day since you were gone! Why are you calling us??

And one of my COWorker had a scary thought and told me Dick might have a one to one session over the phone! hahaha Dick might just do that!!

I love "No Gahmen Days"! & I have another 18 "No Gahmen Days" to go! I must enjoy it while i can!

8 comments:

littlecartnoodles said...

Some bosses feel insecure and unimportant when they travel and no one calls them - that means their staff can function well without them around.

If Dick calls again, tell him you guys have nothing to say to him and everything is fine !!!

defy angel said...

Haha...me also have a super dopey long lunch break today... 12.30 till 3pm..
my dickhead boss ard but we all heckcare him..hahaha....
went to get xmas decors...hehehe

cheeky said...

Haha, during my attachment, my daily lunch started from 11 till 2. After that, coffee break from 3 till 3.30.

Vera said...

Noodles: yeah! Even if he's here and ask me if there's anything i should let him know.. i always tell him that everything is fine!

Defy Angel : Wah you all so good. If Dick was around, he'd be recording it down i think.. and then make us pay back!

Popcorn : Yes i got it at Carrefour! I saw Roman Holidays on sale too and i was looking for Breakfast at Tiffany's.. but don't have leh :(
And welcome back! I can't wait to read your updates hehe

Cheeky : I love those training periods..where you get to have long lunch breaks and tea breaks and also get to go home early! hehehe

Jayaxe said...

Wah Dick so paranoid about work one ah?

Vera said...

Jayaxe : I think he is scared that we will break into his office and throw his things out! haha And i think he likes to think that we cannot live without him! BAH!

Anonymous said...

Wah! Sibeh bo cheng hoo :D! Haha... I can't remember when was the last time I even had a 2 hour lunch break!

I was at Laser Flair CCK yesterday, and they're having the classic DVDs @ $6.90 each! Got Casablanca and Gone With The Wind :)! But no My Fair Lady :(

Zen|th said...

I agree with czm. Dick is probably feeling insecure that's why he called to check on you guys.